lunes, 24 de febrero de 2014

SYRIA'S LOST GENERATION


While I was watching this video, I could not help thinking of my teen students and even in myself at that age, as well as about how sensitive and dependent a human being is at that stage of his life.  I have been impressed by the sad and hopeless children's look. It should be the consequence of the shock of becoming suddenly adults. Try as I might, I could not imagine their feelings after losing their childhood, their home's safety  and their   family's support.
Apart from this, it is no wonder that the majority of this youth generation will suffer from psychological sequels in the future. Some of the words by which I have felt really moved are: "we should have died before have seen such things", told by a girl who is now playing the role of mother and father of her younger siblings. These two millions of people are supposed to bear the rest of their existence the bitterness of being witness and victims of their enemies's cruelty and barbarism .
 Nevertheless, I would like thinking that among this crowd, maybe some individuals will be able to transform their distress into wisdom, and forgive without forgetting the mistakes of the past, as an exceptional man- Mandela- did, in order to rebuilt their country free of hate and nastiness.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario