viernes, 6 de junio de 2014

TO CONCLUDE...

After almost nine gruelling months of arduous work, I sighed with relief on Wednesday, when I finished the hardest part of my C1 exams. However, I know that all this chaos in which I am immersed will be worn out, and then, I will miss the fulfilling moments I have lived in this course. I have to admit, that the two and half hours we have shared every Tuesday and Thursday, have not been long at all, despite having been working during the whole morning. On the contrary, sometimes the lessons have had a therapeutic effect, as while I have been concentrated on them, I have forgotten most of the day-to-day problems. I could not help feeling snowed under in some moments, especially during the endless second term. To be honest, I thought even about giving up. It was the pleasant atmosphere created in our group which encouraged me to stick it out.
Among the countless tasks we have had to do, we have written a poem. At that time I was feeling nostalgic, so that in my poem I tried to express the sorry for the loss. In this moment I have a similar regret for having finished this stage and losing touch with all of you, so I will dare to share it, even if I am  a little bit ashamed, knowing that I am not a great poet.

A BOTTLE WITH A MESSAGE INSIDE

I did not realize how special you were
Until  the day  you suddenly disappeared.
I could not understand that knot in my throat
That  pain in my chest.
I tried to forget  that absurd craziness,
As you hardly had noticed my trivial presence.
It was an impossible task,
Since as a joke of  fate
Your name came back 
Again and again,
In a sound, in a book, in a paint on the wall.
Then, a foolish idea hit my mind,
I sent you a bottle with a message inside,
I threw it to the sea, on the off-chance
That you could find it, and remind me
Through a word about the days behind. 

 I would like you remind me "through a word about the days behind", of course, a word in English.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario